IntuiFace Version 4.2 - Bigger than a .1 release!
We’ve just pushed the button and released Version 4.2. This is just a .1 version bump so it might come off as a minor upgrade. Hardly. We’ve packed this version with a lot of features and options folks have been asking for. Don’t underestimate little old 0.1!
- Completely revised Map collection enabling manual, Excel-sourced or cloud-driven placement of interactive points of interest. Use either OpenStreetMaps or Bing Maps for the map display.
- Text Input asset improvements for better form construction. Use regular expressions for entry validation, display a password mask to hide typing, access an on-screen numeric keypad and use additional design configuration options to customize appearance.
- Addition of direct object manipulation to our Microsoft Kinect support. Using grip gestures, users can move and resize images, turn pages, play videos and - combined with our existing gesture, posture and person detection support - create comprehensive interactive scenarios without requiring a touchscreen.
- Extended support for Microsoft Excel as a source of information displayed in your experiences. IntuiFace’s Excel interface asset now recognizes real-time updates to Excel spreadsheets and gives experience designers the ability to filter and sort their data.
- Introduction of experience templates, quick-starters for those new to IntuiFace, accessible in our new-look start-up panel
- Much more including use of tap and double-tap as triggers, the ability to select specific frames for a Video asset poster and improvements to our Web API support when accessing cloud-based data and business logic.
The complete details are here. We also loosened up sharing rules for Free Edition users and license transfer rules for subscription-based customers so be sure to review everything.
I’d tell you this was it for the year but to be honest, we have quite a bit more in plan. The holidays will arrive early with the gift of Player for iPad. I will deny ever having said that!