Interactive Content: An Emerging Trend in Housing Sales
Technology is becoming more ingrained in every aspect of life, and every day there are more high-tech products available on the market. But some areas have been slower to adopt new technologies than others, and real estate is one of them.
However, there has been an increasing demand for technological innovations in real estate, and realtors, agencies, marketers and buyers alike are all eating up new tech as fast as it can be introduced. The focus of today’s technology, especially in real estate, is often interactivity, because interactive information provides a much bigger picture than flat content, and it makes the job of buying and selling homes more fun than ever before.
The Increasing Role of Technology in Real Estate Marketing
When it comes to real estate, interactive content is good for buyers, realtors, agencies, and marketers and designers. In the world of home sales, you can present more information to buyers, make that information more digestible, can let buyers explore housing options and neighborhoods more on their own, and can use technology to help homes sell themselves. Because of the many advantages of interactive technology, it’s becoming increasingly common to see it used in real estate.
A Look at the Latest Interactive Real Estate Trends
- Digital signage: How many times have you walked by another real estate office and seen the same old grid of for-sale photos posted in the window and wondered why there wasn’t a better option available yet? Well now there is, and it’s incredible! Digital signs are ideal sales tools because they're vibrant, interactive, attention-grabbing, and can be used to replace the status quo print ads that most realtors use to boost walk-in traffic.
- Virtual tours: While these are nothing new, the 3D imaging technology being used to create virtual tours these days makes it feel like you're actually in the house touring it in person. These tours are the next best thing to being able to see a house in person, and they're ideal for out-of-town buyers who want a first-hand experience of viewing a home, even if they can't be there physically. The 3D imaging technology creates the most vivid pictures and allows you to walk around the house at will, explore different elements, and even see things up close.
- Interactive maps: As you know, many homebuyers are extremely excited about the prospect of buying a new home, and this can make them impatient to see a home and explore a neighborhood as soon as they find a new listing. And while this kind of instantaneous action isn't possible in many cases, interactive maps allow potential buyers to explore areas without being present. When combined with virtual tours, a buyer gets to see the house, evaluate the curb appeal, check out the neighborhood, and decide if the home would be a good fit without ever having to leave the comfort of home.
- Making all media interactive: With the right technology, you can turn any of your basic media into interactive content that will work with any screen size and any device, including personal tablets, large displays, and even smaller smartphones.
- Bring real-time housing data to your interactive displays using APIs: None of us can deny the importance of APIs in the real estate industry as it is the gate to accessing up-to-minute housing data from a variety of sources, making it easier for clients to compare and choose the house of their dream. Thanks to IntuiFace API Explorer, introduced in IntuiFace Version 6.0 just this past May, real estate pros can integrate real-time housing data within their already engaging interactive content – everything from information kiosks to interactive digital signage and sales presentations – in order to provide their clients with the latest information available.
Interactive content is the future of technology, and it’s going to play a big role in the future of real estate. Interactive content allows buyers to explore homes and neighborhoods on their own, lets them discover information by themselves, and gives them more power and control during the buying process. This is great for marketers, agencies, and realtors for many reasons, and there are tools and resources available that you can use to turn any of your selling tools into interactive tools, thereby improving the buying experience and making your job slightly easier in the process.
Visit this page to find out how IntuiFace can help real estate pros to create their own interactive experience without any coding knowledge required.