The Glory That Is IntuiFace Version 6.1
Size isn't everything. This little 0.1 jump in version number comes with a host of new improvements. Come on in and read all about what we've done with 3D models, embedded HTML support and more.
There are a few high level themes one can expect in a software launch. Sometimes it's about new capability. Sometimes it's about updates to existing capability. And other times there's a bit of both.
This is a both release and that's thanks to to another theme, user feedback.
IntuiFace has been around for 6 years now and that long term presence has led to the development of a large, committed and enthusiastic set of users. Our users are vocal about both the good and the bad, making sure we stay committed to quality while not getting too cocky about our achievements.
IntuiFace Version 6.1 epitomizes how our delivery of both new and improved capability has its birth in the feedback of our users. New to IntuiFace? Head over to our User Community and thank them because the following is thanks to them. Well them and our amazing Development and QA teams. You can thank them too!
Overhauled Web Browser asset for Windows
Approaching native Chrome performance by using - nerd alert - Version 55 of the Chromium Web rendering engine
- Introduction of GPU acceleration to match the clarity and performance of both 3D models and videos when running natively in a Web browser
- Better touch management support, eliminating the need to differentiate interaction modes.
- Built-in audio (MP3 and AAC) and video (H.264 and MPEG-4) codecs
Screaming fast 3D model support across all Player platforms
If you used our 3D model support, you knew it had some limitations. Goodbye limits!
- Brand new engine based on three.js.
- Parity with clarity and performance of 3D models running natively in Chrome
- Major increase in facet count and model size support
- New camera controls
- Continued support for all major 3D model formats
New HTML Asset for all Player platforms
Think of this as IntuiFace's back door, enabling you to add capability otherwise not available in IntuiFace.
- Can be used to include any Web component (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Google Maps)
- Also acts as a powerful alternative to the Rich Text Asset for displaying HTML-formatted text
- Available for use within API Explorer when HTML formatted properties are detected
Enhanced drawing tools for Windows
An underused feature has gotten better. Create, control and capture onscreen annotation while engaging with your audience.
- Ability to undo a drawing, plus individual undo stacks for each instance of the drawing tool
- Multiple eraser sizes and a touch-to-erase option
Other improvements (and surprises)
We're always working to make things better and more accessible
- Faster project open/save speed
- New triggers indicating when an Internet connection is established or lost
- New Map Collection properties to set pan constraints
- New Whiteboard sample experience using some of our latest capabilities
- Other tweaks that we won't mention here, you'll just have to read the release notes.
There's more detail in the release notes. But if you're eager, go ahead and upgrade. IntuiFace Version 6.1 is ready!