- Player for Android
- Build in Composer, play on any tablet running Android 4.3 or later
- Signage-inspired deployment capabilities in Management Console
- Tag Players (Windows, iPad and Android) and filter devices by tags for group functions like deploy, reboot and analytics download
- Monitor running experiences in Players for iPad and Android (already possible with Player for Windows)
- Remotely restart Player for Windows and/or reboot Windows PCs running Player
- Configure Player for Windows to automatically restart and play the last run experience in case of PC reboot
- Upgrade Player for Windows to a new version (won't work with Player Version 4.6 or earlier)
- Additional deployment improvements
- Publish to and deploy from both Internet and LAN-based FTP storage. This complements existing cloud storage support for Box, DropBox and Amazon S3
- Toggle whether or not to the automated notification email should be sent when sharing experiences
- Hands-free licensing for large scale installations of Player through use of a ghost image
- Photoshop support
- Drag-and-drop Photoshop psd documents directly into Composer for automatic image conversion and import. Every tagged layer and group is transformed into an image.
- Drag-and-drop of revised psd files will result in updates of only changed content.
- New Video asset
- VLC-based Video assets support significantly increased number of file-based video codecs, including mpeg, avi, mkv, and mov (aka QuickTime)
- Also includes extended list of supported streaming video formats
- Video playback performance is also greatly improved
- Scheduler interface asset
- Specify dates and times for triggering events
- Supports use of Cron expressions
- Optionally enables use of UTC to coordinate actions across geographies
- Analytics interface asset
- Collect usage info from an experience and store it in cloud-hosted, IntuiLab-managed database
- Logged information is aggregated across even the largest multi-device deployment
- Download logged information to an Excel file using Management Console
- (Composer Enterprise required) Pre-filter dataset before download and access the past 365 days of collected data. Free and Pro Edition have access to one day of data.
- (Composer Enterprise required) Download logged data to an XML-based dataset via REST-based query. Useful for generating dynamic queries that will be used by third party analytics software.
- Map collection enhancements
- New Set coordinates action for moving items within a map
- New Tap and Double-tap triggers capture the touchpoint's latitude and longitude for use as action parameters
- New assets and collections
- Webcam asset. Display live feed coming from PC-connected webcam. Capture screenshots for post-processing (e.g use of drawing tools) and sharing via email or saving to a local file.
- Helix collection. Present items in an interactive DNA-like spiral. Like the Carousel collection, the Helix is endless. It can rotate automatically or respond to user touches.
- Additional new interface assets
- Improvements to Player for iPad (features also appear in Player for Android)
- Deploy experiences through drag-and-drop using Management Console
- Support for Excel interface asset
- Support for folder-based collections
- Improved support for nested collections
- Usability improvements
- Redesign of New Project panel
- Composer now asks whether to duplicate or replace media when re-importing that corresponding file into an experience
- Improved 3D model conversion tool - converting 3ds, obj and dae into XAML
- The Change content action now has a content selector.
- Improved filters in the Content Library
- Empty collections display "ghost assets" that reflect the visual structure of the collection
- Assets in a scene can now be drag directly into collections
- The listing of container styles in the quick access Properties panel are now display short animated tooltips
- Main properties of the rectangle and ellipse are now accessible in the Properties panel
- Font selector for Text and Rich Text assets now contains previews of each font
- Increased, from four to six, the number of properties available in the quick access Properties panel for interface assets
- Improved search in the Design Accelerators panel
- Items in the Triggers and Actions panel can be used to open either the trigger or the action depending upon where they are clicked
- Height and width of Composer Panels, plus filter and sort settings, are saved as user preferences for each project
- Enhanced feedback when editing a collection
- Bindings are now exhibited for all visible Text asset properties in the quick access Properties panel.
- More than 25 other usability enhancements
- New sample experiences available for download
- Self-Service Photo Booth: (Windows only) Includes Webcam asset and Helix collection
- Photo Exhibition: Formatted for Android. Includes use of Excel.
- Real Estate Property Search: Includes Address to Coordinate interface asset and a custom REST-based interface asset for the Zoopla property search website
- Additional features and bug fixes: For every detail, check out the release notes.
- New "Clear cache" action: Force the Web Browser asset to delete all cached sites.
- More saved editor configuration settings: Zoom and pan settings for each space in Edit Mode are saved across Composer sessions.
- Improved performance of REST-based interface assets: A few optimization tweaks have sped up Web Service requests.
- Font clean-up: Fonts once referenced but no longer used in an experience are removed from that experience to reduce project size.
- Bug fixes: As always! Click here for details.
- Improvements to the Spaces and Content Library panels: Addition of List View to Spaces panel, more thumbnail sizes, simplified methods for resizing thumbnails.
- Bug fixes: We never stop working, not even in the summer! For details, see this page.
- Contains a few more corrections for issues identified by our users. Click here for details.
- List Mode for Content Library: Toggle between thumbnail mode and list mode in the Content Library.
- Bug fixes. Big thanks to our power users for uncovering these issues so soon after Version 4.6 hit the streets. Details are here in the Release Notes.
- Drag-and-drop behavior: Both drag and drag-and-drop events now act as triggers for any IntuiFace action.
- Collaboration and Team Management capabilities (for Composer Enterprise customers)
- Share experience as Play-only: Permits only Play Mode; the recipient cannot view experiences in Composer's Edit Mode.
- Share experience with Write privileges: Permits collaboration with published experiences. Changes overwrite the original.
- Account-to-account license transfers: Loan both subscription and perpetual licenses - and permanently transfer perpetual licenses - to other IntuiFace accounts.
- Create secondary accounts: Achieve fine grained control over license and experience sharing. Useful when juggling multiple projects and/or multiple users with unique needs and sharing rights.
- Create your own Design Accelerators: Capture and save templates and frequently used components.
- Multiple Player for iPad improvements
- See this page for details.
- In addition to supporting all new features in Version 4.6, Player for iPad now includes the Map and Slide Show collections, the Book layout for Document assets and a variety of performance updates.
- Composer logout: Makes it possible to have multiple users and multiple licenses on the same PC. Also simplifies use of floating licenses.
- Global variable support: Enables the storage and access of both text and numeric values across spaces in a running experience.
- New graphic effects: Dynamically control both hue and brightness.
- Embedded fonts: Fonts used in Simple Text asset are saved as part of the experience. No need to preinstall fonts separately. Works on both Windows and the iPad.
- Value-themed interface assets: Includes random number generator, random from list and a linear scale converter.
- Usability improvements
- Content Library displays resizable thumbnails for all imported media.
- Built-in text-based search for the Content Library and Design Accelerators panel.
- All possible copy/paste scenarios are now supported whether occurring within one experience or between two or more instances of Composer running on the same PC
- Content within Group collections now resizes when the Group is resized while in Edit Mode.
- Separation of owned experiences from those shared with you in Composer/Player Experiences panel.
- Improved state icons for published and shared experiences.
- Multiple usability tweaks including streamlined content import, simpler space creation, more user-friendly background color for new spaces, trigger preselection and much more.
- Improved Free Edition feature set: Free Edition users can now use Microsoft Kinect, Leap Motion and Excel filter/sort/add item.
- Bug fixes: Stability and reliability continues to improve.
For greater detail, check out our Release Notes.
- Web Browser Asset update: Corrects large variety of crashes originating in the Web Browser asset. Significant stability improvement! For information, see the Release Notes.
- Several experience publish and download improvements: Includes 30% increase in performance and reduced failure rates.
- Bug fixes: You know them, you love them! For details, see the Release Notes.
- Philips hue support: First out-of-the-box example of connected object support using the IntuiFace interface asset concept. A good reference example for building your own interfaces for devices amongst the Internet of Things.
- New Duplicate command: In Edit Mode, use right-click menu or Ctrl+d to duplicate items in the active scene.
- Faster experience saving: Better performance when saving experiences, especially when content is missing.
- Bug fixes: As always, we've jumped on user-submitted and in-house-discovered issues. For details, see the Release Notes.
- Composer multi-screen support: Enables use of floating Composer panels in secondary displays.
- Improved progress estimation: Higher accuracy for publish and download percentage complete estimation.
- Reduced Player downtime during MC-managed deployment: Experiences are now downloaded prior to stopping and restarting Player when deploying and running a new/updated experience via Management Console.
- Improved DropBox support: OS-specific system files – rejected by DropBox - are not uploaded or published.
- New **Zoom** property for the Web Browser asset: Sets zoom level in a manner equivalent to clicking the Ctrl button followed by the + or - key when using a Web browser.
- New sample experience: Retail-oriented "Food Ordering" experience - located in the Samples tab of Composer's Experiences panel - uses animation to create a build-a-burger kiosk app.
- Various small usability enhancements for Management Console: More informative error messages, improved use of cloud storage APIs and much more.
- Bug fixes: More user submitted issues plus our own personal list. For bug details, check out the Release Notes.
- Improved copy/paste between two instances of Composer: Due to advanced capabilities like binding and triggers and actions, pasting items copied in IntuiFace involves highly complex algorithms. As a result, not all copy/paste scenarios retain those advanced configurations. We have add more supported scenarios. For the list of remaining unsupported copy/paste scenarios, see this article.
- Additional informative error messages: Now experience publication or deployment failures are better documented to help you troubleshoot and work with Support.
- Increased selection lasso range: The asset selection lasso in Edit Mode can now be started from outside the visible scene.
- Enhanced Hue-Saturation-Value color picker: For all those who aren't RGB fans.
- Various small usability improvements: Your use of IntuiFace will be even more enjoyable.
- Bug fixes: This is very good stability release. The complete list of fixes can be found here in the Release Notes. There are too many good reasons to upgrade so don't hesitate.
NOTE: All new runtime features - i.e. features not specific to editing in Composer - are supported on both the Windows PC and the iPad.
- Animate any asset or collection
- Move, rotate, blur, scale and much more.
- Includes multiple animation profiles: linear, ease-in/ease-out, ease-in, ease-out, bounce.
- Timeline enables choreography of multiple animation actions launched by the same trigger
- Preview button runs animation while in Composer's Edit Mode
- Multiple configuration options to fine tune speed, frequency and timing
- Publish experiences to the cloud
- Share published experiences with colleagues and clients
- Accessed online through Management Console.
- Just list email addresses and click the Share button.
- Composer's Experiences Panel flags all shared experiences waiting for download.
- Share in-experience media
- More flexible and functional Share via USB Drive interface asset replaces existing USB control
- New Share via File System interface asset enables saving media to any locally accessible file system, including networked drives.
- New Email interface asset let's you send media as email attachments. See next major feature.
- Works with images, videos, documents, audio files and annotated images and spaces.
- Native email support
- Hosted option offers a free email service supplied by IntuiLab.
- Configurable option works with any SMTP server.
- Both options accept one or more attachments as well as fully customizable To, From and Body fields.
- New visual effects for all assets and collections
- Licensing and pricing improvements
- Perpetual Enterprise Composer licenses with active MSU entitlement now float.
- New annual White Label Player for Enterprise Edition customers.
- Reduced cost of annual Composer Enterprise license.
- Complements IntuiFace's REST support as a way to introduce cross-platform - iPad and Windows - capability.
- Multiple Composer tweaks and enhancements: It's a long list all designed to speed your productivity, including the ability to hide assets offscreen and the addition of more quick-access properties.
- Performance Improvements: Additional under-the-covers work on memory consumption and algorithms has speeded everything up.
- Bug Fixes: Yep, we've got those too!
Check our our Release Notes for every detail.
- Adds Player for iPad Version 4.5 compatibility. Player for iPad Version 4.5 has been launched in advance of Composer Version 4.5. This 4.3.9 release of Composer enables deployment to Player for iPad Version 4.5. Once Composer Version 4.5 is available, go ahead and upgrade.
- We continue our small enhancement and bug fix trend with this release. A complete list of updates are in the Release Notes. Meanwhile, we're working on our next major release. Expected in late April, this new release may be available a month early in a special pre-release form. No more to be said just yet except that it rhymes with "theta".
- Another quality release with a couple of small bonus enhancements. See the complete list of changes in our Release Notes.
- Faster space transition in Edit Mode: Particularly for spaces containing a large number of assets using triggers, actions and binding, the transition between spaces while in Edit Mode is up to 50% faster.
- Redesigned Account Management website: You'll find a more intuitive layout and simplified access to functions like license management, software download and (for Enterprise customers) deployment with Management Console.
- Additional enhancements and bug fixes, including a few corrected crash conditions. All of the details can be found in the Release Notes.
- A small variety of bug fixes for your experience creation pleasure. See the Release Notes for details.
- Almost-instantaneous space navigation: At runtime, visible assets (text, images, videos, …) are now rapidly displayed after space-to-space transition rather than loaded into memory before transition, providing better visual feedback that navigation is underway.
- Accelerated initial display of PDF files: New optimization algorithm accomodates both static and real-time accessed PDFs - whether or not in collections - with much faster rendering times.
- Bug Fixes: Includes the notorious "red exclamation mark" issue for PDFs. Fixes a variety of additional issues including crash conditions. See the Release Notes for details.
- More bug fixes, including a big performance improvement. See the Release Notes for details.
- Updates out-of-the-box Twitter interface asset to accommodate significant change in the Twitter API. Without this update, use of the Twitter interface asset could cause your IntuiFace experience to crash. See the Release Notes for details.
- Stability update: A few issues exposed following the release of Version 4.3.0. See the Release Notes for details.
- New Product: Player for iPad
Currently being validated by Apple. Should be in the AppStore any day now and we will notify you once it's available.
- Build interactive experiences using Composer on Windows, deploy to the iPad. For detailed information, see [these articles](/kb/player-for-ipad).
- Enables both online and offline use
- Special **Preview Mode** enables Player for iPad to communicate with Composer in Play Mode and either stream or download the experience for offline use
- Simplified license management avoids the use of license keys, making it easy to register and deregister iPads for use with your experiences.
- Web-based device management, through use of [IntuiFace Management Console](/kb/intuiface-management-console/using-the-management-console), enables you to keep track of your iPad license inventory and of all experiences you want to make available for online and offline modes. This capability is for Enterprise Edition customers only.
- Freely downloadable from the Apple AppStore. You can even use **Preview Mode** (see above) with Composer Free (limited to live streaming).
Other IntuiFace Enhancements (highlights below; for complete list of 75+ enhancements, see this page)
- Multi-selection: Align, distribute, bulk edit (like rotate, resize), group as well as the more traditional copy, cut, delete and move of multiple items in a scene.
- Additional performance optimization
- Improved Composer and Player resource consumption due to dramatic reduction in memory footprint of images and videos.
- Space transition in Player / Composer Play Mode reduced by a factor of 30% to 75% depending on the number and pixel resolution of images and videos involved.
- Improved text editing capability
- To edit text in the Simple Text asset and Button control, just double-click the text directly in the scene. This is similar to how things already work in the Rich Text asset.
- More Simple Text asset properties are accessible in the Properties panel at the bottom of Composer.
- Name of a Simple Text asset, Rich Text asset and Button control will now default to the first 20 characters of visible text if the name has not been modified by the user.
- Font selector now permits use of all fonts installed on the PC running Composer. (Remember, fonts are not stored in a project so you must ensure all devices running Player have the same font installed.)
- New Design Accelerator panel with additional accelerator bundles
- Design Accelerator panel is now located in a tab to the right of Composer and immediately adjacent to the Content Library.
- Brand new, downloadable accelerator bundles like animated menus and linear gauges.
- Download and install new Design Accelerators without leaving Composer.
- Zoomable panel makes it easy to browse a large number of accelerators.
- Enhanced Properties panel
- Indicates which properties are shared and thus editable in a multi-selection.
- Item names are now displayed in the header of the **All Properties** panel.
- Orange shading indicates binding and reacts to a mouse hover and show the name of the bound assets and properties.
- Redesigned Triggers and Actions panel: It is now much easier to adopt and put triggers and actions to use.
- Design lock: Lock assets, collections and controls in your experience. Use it to prevent others with Composer from making changes to items in a scene while in Edit Mode.
- Actionable mouse hover information: Hover your mouse over a new indicator displayed next to items in the Space Content panel to view both bindings and triggers associated with that item. Click on the hover information to jump to the appropriate Binding or Triggers and Actions panel.
- Improved guidance messages and tooltips: Messages have been added or enhanced to simplify adoption and comprehension for new users.
- Quick-action background updates: Right-click the scene to access new Set Background functions. Or right click images and videos in a scene to set them as the background graphic.
- Quick-action asset updates: Double-click an asset to open a new Change Content panel listing all available graphics in the Content Library.
- Improved PowerPoint import: Replacement of button-based navigation with on-screen gestures, plus slide names are now retained following import.
- Text Input control guidance message: Specify and customize user instructions to display in a Text Input field.
- Various other tweaks and enhancements: Includes graying out of inapplicable functions and content previews with mouse hover in the Content Library.
- Bug Fixes: Lots of them. The product just gets better and better! For details, see the Release Notes.
- Extensive geocoordinate format support for new Map Collection: The Map Collection now supports all recognized geocoordinate formats including DMS (Degrees/Minutes/Seconds) and E6. For details, see this article.
- Bug Fixes: The usual nip and tuck we perform one every release. For details, see the Release Notes.
- Feature updates
- Text Input asset enables entry of linefeeds using the Enter key.
- Keyboard size for the Text Input Asset and Web Browser Asset is configurable.
- Excel Interface Asset has new read-only property containing the total number of rows in a spreadsheet.
- Duration of a Timer can be now pulled in from an external data source through binding.
- New actions
- Index Changed trigger for the Item Picker collection.
- Set Viewport Boundary action for the Map Collection.
- Bug Fixes: Corrections to user-reported issues. For details, see the Release Notes.
- Improved licensing mechanism: Ensures Composer and Player license keys continue to work after OS upgrades. For example, license keys will now remain valid after upgrading a PC from Windows 8.0 to Windows 8.1
- Complete revised Map collection: Enables manual, Excel-sourced or cloud-driven (via interface assets) placement of interactive points of interest. Use either OpenStreetMaps or Bing Maps for the map display.
- Enhanced form building capability: Text Input asset has been improved to enable better form construction. Use regular expressions for entry validation, a password mask to hide typing, an on-screen numeric keypad for fields only requiring numeric entry, and additional design configuration options to customize appearance.
- Microsoft Kinect direct object manipulation: Use your hands to resize an image, turn a page, swipe a collection and much more.
- Video poster selection: Select any video frame or image to act as a poster for the Video Asset.
- Improved Excel support: Excel data feeds into your experience now update every time an Excel spreadsheet - referenced by an Excel interface asset - is closed. Plus, for Pro and Enterprise Edition users, new filter & sort capabilities and the ability to add rows to a spreadsheet.
- New properties, triggers and actions
- Experience templates: New templates formatted for various uses like media walls and product catalogs. Good for beginners looking to quick-start experience creation and to build a deeper understanding of IntuiFace.
- Redesign of Composer start-up panel: Download and run both our experience templates and business samples without leaving Composer. Also includes history of recently opened experiences.
- Enhanced Free Edition feature set
- Improved sharing policy: Free Edition users can now share their experiences with any other Composer Free user.
- Import from Excel: Use the Excel interface asset to access and display Excel-based information in experiences.
- Enhanced Pro Edition feature set
- Microsoft Kinect and Leap Motion support: Now Pro Edition users can incorporate the Kinect and Leap Motion gesture capture devices in their experiences.
- New license release policy: Annual Pro subscribers can now release their licenses up to 3 times each year to protect against PC failure and hardware refresh.
- Enhanced Enterprise Edition feature set
- Enhanced Web API support: Introduction of PUT, POST and DELETE request methods for the REST interface asset.
- New license release policy: Annual Enterprise subscribers can now release their licenses up to 5 times each year to protect against PC failure and hardware refresh.
- Additional improvements and bug fixes: For a complete list, see this page.