If you’re not the most technical person, all you need to know is that interactive experiences are
- built using IntuiFace Composer
- run using IntuiFace Player
- (optionally) published, shared and deployed using IntuiFace Management Console
- (optionally) controlled remotely from any handheld device using IntuiFace IntuiPad
If you’d like to know more, keep reading the content below and the chapters to the left.
IntuiFace Composer: The authoring tool
Composer is where you will create - using mouse and keyboard - your interactive experiences. An embedded version of Player (see next section) ships with Composer so you can test your work. No touch screen is required; think of your mouse as a single finger. For detailed technical specifications, click here. To see what an IntuiFace Project looks like under the covers, have a look at our online documentation.
- No-code paradigm: Never write a line of code. Every capability is designed for use by even the most non-technical of users. Unleashes creativity by removing technical barriers.
- Uses existing content (images, videos, Office, pdf, Web, 3D, Deep Zoom, etc.): No proprietary formats, no reinvention/recreation of existing design work.
- Includes dynamic components such as a Web browser and maps: No “sandbox” limitations. Freedom to access and display external design work and information.
- Access to external API data sources and business components: Fast “development” of interactive interfaces to existing business components
- Fine control of appearance and geometry: Full creative freedom. No template constraints or design restrictions.
- Triggers and actions: Complete library with hundreds of triggers and actions to choose from. Again – and we’ll keep saying it - without programming.
- Supports asset binding: Mirror properties across content and spaces to create templates at design time and visual choreography at runtime.
IntuiFace Player: The Runtime
Player is the bit of software necessary to run all of the interactive experiences you create in Composer. One Player is required for every iPad, Android tablet or Windows PC running an experience or supporting the kiosks, tables, wall-mounted screens and other interactive devices deployed in the field. For detailed technical specifications, click here. To see what an IntuiFace Project looks like under the covers, have a look at our online documentation.
- Support for remote gestures and any input peripheral: On Windows PCs, enables use of Microsoft Kinect, Leap Motion and input devices like RFID/NFC readers and barcode scanners as trigger sources
- Drawing tools: Draw on the screen while presenting
- Inter-Player communication over TCP/IP: Creation of multi-screen collaborative experiences. Without programming!
- Visual remote control: Drive Windows-based experiences wirelessly using iOS, Android & WinRT-based devices. Includes visual touchpad for full interaction and drawing at a distance.
- Agnostic to display make/model: No display vendor lock-in. Freedom to change display make/model without having to change experience.
- White label option: Everything looks like you!
IntuiFace IntuiPad: The Remote Control
IntuiPad is your handheld window to a running IntuiFace experience. Using any iOS, Android or Windows-based device, this free software displays a running experience, captures your touches on the handheld display, and transmits those touches back to the experience. Walk amongst your audience as they view your presentation on a large, non-interactive screen. For detailed information, click here.
- Visual Touchpad: Directly manipulate (touch, pinch, zoom, swipe) a reproduction of your presentation
- On-Screen Annotation: Drawings on your handheld appear on all screens showing your running presentation
- Automated Discovery: Locate and control any presentation located on your local intranet or Internet
- Quick Select Toolbar: Easy access to common commands like Next and Previous
- HTML5-based: Architected for rapid feature adoption and portability
- Real-Time Performance: Near-zero lag time between handheld touches and results on the audience-facing displays
IntuiFace Management Console: The Hub
Management Console makes it possible for you to manage experiences: publish to the cloud, share with others, and deploy to geographically distributed devices - all without leaving your desk. IntuiLab hosts the service so there is nothing for you to install and no advanced degree required. For details, click here.
- Publish experiences to the cloud: One-click upload of your projects to any Box, DropBox or Amazon S3 account.
- Share experiences with colleagues and clients: Just enter an email address. A sharing notifcation email is sent and Composer flags the newly shared experience as available for download.
- Automate experience deployment: Never again walk the halls or hit the road with USB stick in hand.
- Control distribution: A real-time inventory of any Internet-accessible instance of IntuiFace Player - regardless of geography - for device-level deployment of experiences.
- Access through Web-based control panel: Accessible through any Web browser running on any operating system. You don't even need IntuiFace Composer or Player running on the same machine to use it
- Monitor with crash recovery: Restart experiences and Player itself if the remote device was rebooted. You can even see the active scene in the running experience on each device.
Multi-Touch Gesture Recognition Engine (MGRE): The Magic
(not visible in the graphic)
- Patented technology: Connects input device events – touch, gesture, tag – with on-screen visual elements.
- Endlessly scalable: Works with anything from a dual-touch display to 64+ touchpoints.
- Married to interaction-centric computing model: On-screen events act as triggers in if/then relationships, resulting in rapid response through potentially complex visual choreography.
- Portable: An HTML5 version is the core of Player for iPad and Player for Android.