Introducing IntuiFace Version 5.0
IntuiFace Version 5.0 is out the door. Brand new Composer workspace, huge Player performance improvements and lots of new capability.
I'm not sure if version numbers carry as much meaning as they used to. Does anyone know what version of Chrome or Safari they're using to browse the Web? Still, at least internally, there is still some significance. It's an indication of a fork, some major change - or changes - that should be recognized explicitly for posterity.
We've just jumped from the Version 4 family to Version 5. What are our major changes?
- Brand new Composer user interface. Not only is it just a very pretty thing to look at, it is designed to greatly increase user productivity. Certainly, those who have used IntuiFace for a while will be pleasantly surprised. It's filled with updates like dockable panels, search filters, one-click help access and improved panel layouts
- Brand new architecture for our HTML5-based Player, the one used on the iPad, Android tablets and the Samsung SSP. Inspired by game-based approaches, this new architecture not only increases performance by orders of magnitude, but it's more resilient to high resource usage and thus much more reliable. This is particularly the case on the iPad, a device very sensitive to memory usage spikes.
Both items required a ton of development effort - the new Player architecture surely required hundreds of hours - and we think it paid off.
You'll find many other improvements as well, such as
- Localized keyboards with support for 30+ languages including Arabic, Chinese, Hebrew, Russian and Thai
- Rulers, guides and grids to further simplify content alignment in your designs
- Conditional triggers - that is, the ability to decide when a trigger should be able to call one or more specified actions
- Major Excel improvements, continuing to improve a powerful method for creating dynamic, data-driven experiences and not just boring, static content
You'll find all of the details in our release notes. And the best news is that everyone running the Free Edition of Composer, and everyone with an active subscription or support entitlement, can update right away.